Undergraduate Business applicants for Spring and Fall
2014 need to be aware of the early deadlines.
As such, UCS is providing this
page to help students get a jump-start on preparing their application
You should always refer to the official Undergraduate Business Application Program for details on the admissions process and required documents.
Note that the
application deadlines are early in the fall semester, which means you likely
need to prepare your materials during the summer months!
Spring 2014 Admission: Deadline to apply - September 1, 2013
2014 Admission: Deadline to apply - October 1, 2013
Application preparation resources:
- Undergraduate Business resume and personal statement
- Video on resume preparation
- OptimalResume, resume building tool
- Personal Statement - Personal Statement should include the following (500 word
limit): A cover letter is no longer required.
for why you are interested in studying business (Why did you choose business
over other majors? What experiences have
led you to this decision?)
- Articulation of your specific short (immediately upon graduation) and
long-term (10-15 years post-graduation) career goals and how you have decided
on these goals.
why the Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business Program is essential to helping
you achieve these goals.
Help during the summer months:
- Applicants are encouraged to upload their resumes to Careerolina for review. To ensure a counselor review, make sure you do not have any other resumes approved in Careerolina.
- UCS counselors can conduct telephone or Skype appointments during the summer. Please indicate in the appt. notes that you are arranging a "Phone" or "Skype" appt. with your Skype Name.
Help during fall semester:
- Students are strongly encouraged to use Interview Stream - our on-line tool to practice live interviewing to prepare for your KFBS UBP interview.
- Career Counselors are available during walk-in hours (M-F, 1pm-4pm) for resume reviews and personal statement reviews. Or by appointment if you need more than the 10-15 minutes alotted during walk-in hours.
- Schedule an appointment with a UCS counselor