Below are eight productive things you can do for your career development over winter break.
8. Update your resume or CV with accomplishments from this last semester (or year). Quantify your experiences and use action and results-oriented language.
7. Fine tune your interests. Employers are seeking focused candidates – being able to clearly communicate your interests will help you find opportunities that match your goals.
6. Log in to Careerolina, UNC’s online database of jobs, internships, on-campus recruiting, employer events, and more. Update your profile and begin your search!
5. Practice your “elevator speech.” This is a 30-second introduction of your interests and skills that you can use with networking contacts.
4. Create a profile on LinkedIn. Explore this professional networking resource to make connections.
3. Meet other UNC connections through the Alumni Advisor Network. There are more than 7200 alumni and friends of the University interested in talking with you!
2. Make a time management plan to continue your career development next semester. Plan to do a little every day.
But most importantly… 1. Have a safe, relaxing, and productive break and a happy holiday season!
Photo credit: Suzy Morris