Many UNC students have an interest in an international experience, including internships. While obtaining an international internship can be a challenge, there are many great opportunities to internationalize your Carolina experience. The key is to start exploring resources and opportunities very early.
The number of international internships posted in the UCS system is minimal. However, there are other resources available to assist you in your search for an international internship. Going Global and UniWorld are subscription services that you can access via the links to the right. There are several other recommended internet resources that have been compiled for you.
- AIESEC is a student organization with a mission to assist with international internships.
- The Center for Global Initiatives has a variety of offerings that you should consider and also provide a database of international internships that have been completed by other UNC students.
- The Campus Y presents students with opportunties for committee work, learning opportunties and international travel support.
- The Study Abroad Office offers some programs that combine an internship with a study abroad experience.
- Your major department may offer international opportunities.
- Many Registered Student Organizations on campus have a focus on international issues.
- There are many for-profit "international placement" organizations. Most are entirely legitimate, if expensive, options to consider.