University Career Services (UCS) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
UCS contracts with NACElink Network to provide UNC‐CH students with the Careerolina job listings, the on‐campus recruiting system, and resume services. Please refer to the NACElink Privacy Statement for technical details and a description of the NACElink.com site.
Use of Personally Identifiable Candidate Information by University Career Services, UNC‐Chapel Hill
- Through NACElink/Careerolina, available via the UCS website, students and registered alumni can post resumes,
- view and apply for jobs, and schedule on‐campus interviews. The information in a candidate’s profile is used by
- UCS for job‐search advising, promoting programs and services, notifying candidates of employment
- opportunities, and referring qualified candidates to employers.
- Resumes are not shared with third parties, such as employment agencies or search firms.
- Only the resumes of students who have given permission to have their resumes released to employers are
- shared with prospective employers.
- Resumes are selected based on objective, legally‐permissible requirements.
- Employers do not have access to view information or resumes directly from the UCS database.
UCS may conduct searches on resumes and candidate profiles to notify candidates of educational or employment opportunities through email communications. By entering data into the UCS/Careerolina system, students and alumni may have data included in aggregate reports used for evaluation of employment activities, educational programs, reports developed for institutional studies, and salary surveys.
NACElink/Careerolina cannot use or sell individual candidate data. Unlike commercial vendors, NACElink/Careerolina staff cannot look at individual candidate data.
Personally identifiable information is protected both on ‐ and offline. The data of students, alumni, and employers are password protected. NACElink/Careerolina has technical, administrative, and physical security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under NACE’s control.
UCS does not endorse any employer and urges students to use good judgment in all of their interactions with employers. UCS suggests that students request business references for unknown organizations before interviewing with them off campus or exploring job opportunities. Students should never give a potential employer their credit card, social security numbers, or bank account numbers, and never spend any of their own money on an employment “opportunity” unless very certain that it is for a legitimate reason (such as training costs). UCS advises students to interview in public places
Students and alumni should contact University Career Services if they have any concerns about the use of their information. Students and alumni can view, correct or change their information by logging into their Careerolina account on the UCS website.