Why an Internship?
You want an internship because it will allow you to build networks, try out the career of your dreams, build your job experience, and build community in new places. Whether you want to explore new regions or return home for the summer, University Career Services can help with your internship search.
Our workshop will help you find a wide range of opportunities available, from the prestigious to the obscure, the large to the small, the formal to the informal, in every possible area of work. Start your search now by googling "internships" or start exploring how many internships are available to UNC students in Handshake. You choose the internship you want to do; it does not have to be one in our database!
No matter what your major or career interests are, you can find great internships…UCS can show you how!
• Read through the Steps to Follow in searching for your internship.
• Once you start the application process, schedule time to have your documents reviewed.
What you will gain after this workshop:
1. Career Management competency:
• You will be able to navigate and explore job options, and understand and can take the steps necessary to pursue opportunities.
2. Self-Awareness competency:
• You will be able to recognize and reflect on the role of your own values, feelings, interests, abilities and multiple facets of identity in shaping your thoughts and actions related to internships