Become a Career Peer!
Serve as a link between UCS and the student body. Have fun, grow professionally, and explore career opportunities from an insider’s perspective. Read more...
The Career Peers’ mission is to serve the UNC community as a link between UCS and the student body for purposes of outreach and career education. Peers participate in a variety of activities that support the UCS mission and promote personal development among members.
Note: Career Peers are unpaid volunteers, and the role requires, on average, 4-6 hours per week.
To apply, simply complete the application form.
What We do
- Research, create, and present workshops on career-related topics for students in varying settings (UCS, Residence Halls, club meetings, etc.)
- Partner with counselors for mock interview and resume marathon days throughout the year
- Strategize and conduct marketing and outreach initiatives and events
- Support UCS by working at special events including but not limited to the career fairs and meet-ups
Benefits to Participating
- Give back to UNC
- Hone leadership and teamwork skills through personal and professional development
- Build upon communication skills to interact with a diverse student body, professionals and employers
- Develop career competencies outside of the classroom and stand out to employers
- Explore career opportunities from an insider's perspective