Online applications, as well as other required materials, are due at UCS, 2nd floor Hanes Hall, no later than 5pm on April 7, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of their status by late April, 2017.
Who May Apply?
All UNC-CH undergraduate students who are C-STEP students, returning in the Fall 2017 semester, and who have obtained an unpaid internship or will partake in an experiential learning experience are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to C-STEP rising seniors with graduation dates in December 2017 or May 2018.
Stipends will be awarded to students based on the strength of their qualifications, proposals, and letters of reference. Proposals will be judged on their educational and career value and feasibility. UCS resources are available to assist students in locating appropriate internship sites.
How to Apply
Complete the online stipend application and submit the following materials to our office no later than 5pm on April 7, 2017.
Please note: Students applying for stipends must be returning to UNC-CH in the Fall of 2017.
- Complete the online application (you will be prompted for your ONYEN). Before completing the application, you will need:
- A resume
- Information about your proposed internship
The information should include the name and location of the organization, a description of the organization’s work, the projects and responsibilities of the proposed internship or experiential learning experience, the method of supervision provided by the organization, and the dates and hours of the internship.
- A one-page statement explaining how this experience fits into your career goals (online application)
- A complete budget for your internship (online application)
The budget should include expenses, housing, transportation, food, other expenses as well as available resources such as part time job pay, savings, other grants or stipends and family contribution.
- Submit a letter* from the supervisor of your proposed internship stating his or her willingness to sponsor an intern, describing the duties of the internship and indicating that no funding for the internship will be provided by the organization for which you are working or by any other organization. This letter should be emailed to Mary Rosage.
- Provide TWO (2) letters of reference* which should be emailed by the deadline date to Mary Rosage.
For further information, please contact Mary Rosage at 919-843-9449.