Different types of graduate and professional programs require different entrance exams. As more graduate programs are beginning to waive the GRE or GMAT requirement, you will need to research each graduate admissions' website to determine if an entrance exam is required for the application.
- GRE - Graduate Record Exams
- GMAT - Graduate Management Admissions Test
- LSAT - Law School Admissions Test
- MCAT - Medical College Admissions Test
- DAT - Dental Admissions Test
- OAT - Optometry Admissions Test
- PCAT - Pharmacy College Admissions Test
Test Prep Options
*please note, this is not an exhaustive list of all test prep options available
- UNC Learning Center
- ETS (Educational Testing Service) GRE Prep Resources
- Free Practice GRE Test (Manhattan Prep)
- Princeton Review (UNC students receive 20% off with the code UNC20)
- GMAT Prep (free starter kit available)
There are many other fee-based test preparation programs available. Some students report that they benefited from the materials, instruction, and/or classroom setting of fee-based prep courses. Other students report that purchasing a test prep book and taking the time to work through the exercises and taking online practice tests prepared them well. You will need to take into account your learning style and determine which form of test prep will be most beneficial for you!