An extremely important document that should be sent after every interview is a thank you letter. This simple step demonstrates professionalism, business etiquette, and genuine interest in the position.
The thank you letter should:
- Reiterate interest in the position.
- Communicate appreciation for the interviewer's time.
- Highlight specific experience/skills that make you a viable candidate.
- Include any additional or follow-up information not provided during the interview.
- Be genuine, thoughtful, and well-written.
- Be sent 24 hours after the interview.
Depending on the culture of the organization and the timeline of when a hiring decision will be made, you can either email or handwrite the thank you letter.
See Related Files for a sample thank you letter.