The Career Peers’ mission is to serve as a link between UCS and the student body for purposes of outreach and career education. Peers participate in a variety of activities that support the UCS mission and promote personal development among members.
Note: Career Peers are unpaid volunteers, and the role requires, on average, 4-6 hours per week.
To apply, simply complete the application form.
What We do
- Research, create, and present workshops on career-related topics for students in varying settings (UCS, Residence Halls, club meetings, etc.)
- Partner with counselors for mock interview and resume marathon days throughout the year
- Strategize and conduct marketing and outreach initiatives and events
- Compose/create content for the UCS website and social media outposts
- Support UCS by working at special events including but not limited to the career fairs and meet-ups
Benefits to Participating
- Personal and professional development
- Direct contact with professionals, recruiters and employers
- Explore career opportunities from an insider’s perspective
- Mentorship with UCS Counselor