University Career Services is committed to complying with the ethical standards of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and expects students and employers to be honest and professional in the job and internship process.
All students who utilize University Career Service’s Careerolina system must agree to abide by the following agreements:
- Provide accurate and honest information on my Careerolina registration profile, resume, and all job search documents and in my interactions with employers. Any information provided and all usage of my account will accurately reflect the identity of my eligible PID# that is associated with my account.
- Keep ALL interview appointments with employers conducting campus interviews or notify UCS in advance of any emergency reason to cancel my commitment. Similarly, I will honor commitments made with UCS counseling staff. I understand that I must cancel or reschedule campus interviews online one full business day before the interview. Once I can no longer cancel online, I understand that my cancellation is considered a “late cancellation” and must be cancelled by calling UCS rather than by making contact with the employer.
I understand that late cancellations require a letter of apology to the employer, and that I will be unable to interview until I bring a copy of my apology letter to UCS.
I understand that if I do not keep my scheduled campus interview and do not notify UCS in advance, I am considered a “no‐show” and cannot interview or access job openings until I meet with a UCS Associate Director and send a letter of apology to the employer with a copy to UCS. I understand that if I “no‐show” two times as a student (and once as an alumnus/a), I will lose my UCS interview privileges.
- Sign up for campus interviews with employers in which I have a sincere interest and prepare for each appointment to professionally represent myself and UNC‐Chapel Hill.
- Honor my acceptance of a job or internship offer. Once I accept an offer, I will withdraw from consideration for other opportunities, discontinue my job or internship search, and notify UCS that my resumes should no longer be referred to employers. I understand that it is unethical to accept a job or internship and then renege (turn down the offer). I will advise the UCS director of any extenuating circumstances that may cause me to reevaluate my job/internship acceptance before notifying the employer.
- Accurately report to employers all interview‐related expenses.
- Accept the consequences of losing UCS privileges if I do not comply with these principles of ethical conduct. I understand that some violations could result in a report to the Honor Court.
UCS encourages you to notify the director if you perceive any breaches of ethical conduct on the part of employers. We appreciate your joining us in committing to the highest standards of ethical behavior relating to the job or internship search process.