University Career Services utilizes the Handshake system, allowing all on-campus recruiting logistics to be available on-line.
On-campus recruiting logistics are handled by our recruiting coordinator, Julie Pendergraph (919-962-7886). For more information on the OCR Program, open the On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures document, available in PDF form on this page.
TO SETUP A NEW ACCOUNT OR LOGIN TO YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT CLICK HERE.
What is On-Campus Recruiting (OCR)? OCR are activities designed to connect employers and students for recruitment opportunities. UCS offers the following opportunities to employers desiring initial recruitment conversations in-person. Employers wanting to integrate virtual recruitment options still have the option to post them on Handshake.
- Company Information Sessions in the Student Union
- Fairs (Career, Graduate Education, and Networking) on the Handshake Virtual Fairs Platform from 1-4 pm
- On-Campus Interviews on Hanes Hall 4th Floor
- Tabling at the Student Union Lobby from 9 am-12 pm OR 1-5 pm (if weather permits, option for tabling outside of Hanes) – for more information contact our Director of External Relations, Marketing, and Analytics, Roderick Lewis
Note: All UCS fairs will be promoted with the strategic purpose to increase: 1) Student Visits to Employer’s (Grad School’s) Handshake Page, 2) Student Follows of Employer’s (Grad School’s) Handshake Page, 3) Student Saves of Employer’s (Grad School’s) Handshake Job (Information) Postings, and 4) Student Applications to Employer’s (Grad School’s) Handshake Job (Information) Postings.
UCS promotes the following opportunities to employers that offer local, national, and international in-person job opportunities. Employers wanting to integrate virtual jobs still have the option to post them on Handshake.
- Part-Time Jobs with NC Triangle companies in Fall, Summer, and Spring
- Academic Internships with NC Triangle companies in Fall and Spring Semesters
- Summer Internships and Full-time Jobs with companies anywhere
In addition to OCR opportunities, University Career Services (UCS) also offers non-OCR opportunities designed to involve your company in our student career development initiatives which are excellent for growing your company’s brand and visibility on-campus. Non-OCR activities are not recruitment-oriented. However, they indirectly provide the following benefits:
- Increased awareness of employer brand and recruitment opportunities from students, staff, and faculty
- Potential for students to refer your company to friends in their personal network
- Expanded network with students holding favorable views of your company, its products, and its services
- Potential interest and applications from students who did not previously consider your company
See UCS’s “Building a Campus Relations Program” for more information. OCR and non-OCR strategy is led by our Director of External Relations, Marketing, and Analytics, Roderick Lewis (Roderick.firstname.lastname@example.org).