University Career Services is pleased to offer employers the opportunity to connect with UNC students in online postings via Handshake. Handshake is a networked platform used for recruiting college students at nearly 400 colleges and universities. If you are already a Handshake user, simply go to the “schools” option and request access to University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. If you do not currently have a Handshake account, you will first need to create one before being able to post your opportunity, using the following steps.
Creating a Handshake account:
- Go to the Handshake registration page and select the “employer” option.
- Complete the form, providing your basic information, then check your inbox for a confirmation email from Handshake.
- After confirming your email address, complete your employer profile (if your company already has a profile that was created by another employee in the organization, they may need to approve your connection to that existing account).
Posting your job or internship:
You can post a job or internship that is targeted to UNC students for free. In order to post and have your position approved by UCS, it must meet the following standards:
- Your Handshake profile must include complete organization and contact information (organization name, address, organization URL, organization description, contact name, contact email, contact phone number).
- Your posting must adhere to NACE Principles of Professional Conduct for Employment Professionals.
- Position(s) cannot be domestic (e.g. Nannies/Babysitter, Private Tutors, Gardeners, Housekeepers, Drivers, etc.).
- Postings must not charge any fees to students as a condition of employment or participation.
Steps to post your position:
- Log into Handshake using the email address and password you previously created.
- Select the “post a job” button on the main dashboard or click on the left “jobs” menu and click the “create job” button on the top right of the page.
- Complete the form fully, including the basics, position details, screening preferences, and schools to which you want to post the position (be sure to select University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill!).