Pre-Professional & Pre-Graduate Advising
Select which office(s) you need to visit according to the list below.
PRE-LAW (prelaw.unc.edu; University Career Services) - Due to a position vacancy, University Career Services is not able to offer pre-law support to students at this time. However, our website includes resources to support your pre-law exploration and application process. Continue to check this website for updates. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Law School (J.D.)
PRE-GRAD (pregrad.unc.edu; University Career Services)
All non-healthcare doctoral and masters programs in:
- Arts and Humanities (Fine Arts, Performing Arts, English, Foreign Language, Literature, etc.)
- Business (MBA, MAC, etc.)
- Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Political Science, History, etc.)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Administrative and professional programs (M.Ed., MHA, MPA, MPH, MSW, Ed.D., etc.)
*Please note, pre-grad advising does not include health professions application advising. Health Professions Advising at UNC is within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Medical (including Allopathic, Osteopathic, and MD/PhD)
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy (i.e., PharmD; PhDs in Pharmaceutical Sciences are covered by Pre-Grad Advising)
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Speech Language Pathology
- Acupuncture/Eastern Medicine
- Athletic Training
- Complementary/Integrative Medicine
- and any other program that leads to a more clinical/patient-care career with an application process similar to medical school