About Pre-Law Advising
Due to a position vacancy, University Career Services is not able to offer pre-law support to students at this time. However, our website includes resources to support your pre-law exploration and application process. Continue to check the pre-professional and pre-graduate advising website for updates. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The Law School Admission Council (LSAC), which administers the LSAT and manages the Credential Assembly Service (CAS), maintains an excellent and informative website at www.lsac.org. LSAC also has a free Prelaw Undergraduate Scholars (PLUS) Program for rising undergraduate sophomores and juniors from minoritized groups who are underrepresented in the legal profession; if you are interested in learning more information, please visit the PLUS Program webpage.
- UNC has a chapter of the national pre-law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta (PAD). If interested in joining this organization, please visit the PAD website.
- The Writing Center in the SASB North building offers assistance with writing (including writing personal statements).
- University Career Services participates in organizing a Law School Information Fair every year at which representatives from law schools from all over the United States are available to offer you information about their schools and to answer your questions. To view additional events, please visit our Career, Graduate Education, and Networking Events page. In addition, University Career Services also posts internship opportunities through Handshake.
- Additional pre-law information can be found by clicking the links below.