Please note that the following materials and resources on this page should be reviewed prior to meeting with a UCS advisor for application preparation purposes.
Spring/Fall 2019 Admission: Deadline to apply - September 1, 2018
Applicants are encouraged to start the process as soon as possible after the go-live date of June 1st. Students must request access to the application prior to August 30th. Please refer to the Undergraduate Business Program's website for complete application instructions and eligibility requirements.
Application Preparation Resources:
- Resume style guide & required template.
- Essay presentation from the Writing Center
- Interviewing resources & tips
- Sample interview questions
Virtual Interview Resources:
Personal Statement - Personal Statement should include the following (500 word limit)
- Rationale for why you are interested in studying business (Why did you choose business over other majors? What experiences have led you to this decision?)
- Articulation of your specific short (immediately upon graduation) and long-term (10-15 years post-graduation) career goals and how you have decided on these goals.
- Reasons why the Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business Program is essential to helping you achieve these goals.
Help during the summer months:
- UCS counselors can conduct telephone or Skype appointments during the summer. Please indicate in the appt. notes that you are arranging a "Phone" or "Skype" appt. with your Skype Name and/or phone number.
- Applicants are encouraged to utilize the resume style guide mentioned above to ensure correct formatting. To have a UCS counselor review your resume, you will need to visit UCS during Drop-in hours or make an appointment with a UCS counselor in Hanes Hall.
Help during fall semester:
- Career Counselors are available during drop-in hours (M-F, 1pm-4pm) for resume reviews and personal statement reviews. Or by appointment if you need more than the 10-15 minutes allotted during drop-in hours.
- To have a UCS counselor review your resume, you will need to visit UCS during Drop-in hours or make an appointment with a UCS counselor in Hanes Hall or Hardin Hub. Appointments should be made through Handshake.
- Practice Interviewing - Before meeting with a UCS counselor, make sure you do a practice interview through Big Interview - our on-line tool to practice live interviewing to prepare for your Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business interview. See sample questions on the right.
Here’s how to set up your Big Interview account:
STEP 1: Go to https://unc.biginterview.com/ and click "Register".
STEP 2: Enter your school email address, name, and password, and click “Create my Account”
STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
Here is a short video if you need help with registration.