*UPDATE: September 1st Only Date To Apply for Kenan-Flagler Business School*
Undergraduate Business applicants for Spring and Fall 2018 need to be aware of the new ONE deadline September 1st, 2017!
In order to help you with your application materials, UCS is providing this page to help students get a jump-start on preparing their application materials.
You should always refer to the Undergraduate Business Application Program's website and application instructions for eligibility requirements and details on the admissions process.
Note that there is only ONE DEADLINE, which means you likely need to prepare your materials during the summer months!
Spring/Fall 2018 Admission: Deadline to apply - September 1, 2017
Application Preparation Resources:
- Resume style guide & required template.
- Essay presentation from the Writing Center
- Interviewing resources & tips
- Sample interview questions
Virtual Interview Resources:
Personal Statement - Personal Statement should include the following (500 word limit)
- Rationale for why you are interested in studying business (Why did you choose business over other majors? What experiences have led you to this decision?)
- Articulation of your specific short (immediately upon graduation) and long-term (10-15 years post-graduation) career goals and how you have decided on these goals.
- Reasons why the Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Business Program is essential to helping you achieve these goals.
Help during the summer months:
- UCS counselors can conduct telephone or Skype appointments during the summer. Please indicate in the appt. notes that you are arranging a "Phone" or "Skype" appt. with your Skype Name and/or phone number.
- Applicants are encouraged to utilize the resume style guide mentioned above to ensure correct formatting. To have a UCS counselor review your resume, you will need to visit UCS during Drop-in hours or make make an appointment with a UCS counselor in Hanes Hall,
Help during fall semester:
- Career Counselors are available during drop-in hours (M-F, 1pm-4pm) for resume reviews and personal statement reviews. Or by appointment if you need more than the 10-15 minutes alotted during drop-in hours.
- To have a UCS counselor review your resume, you will need to visit UCS during Drop-in hours or make make an appointment with a UCS counselor in Hanes Hall or Hardin Hub. Appointments should be made through Handshake.
- Practice Interviewing - Before meeting with a UCS counselor, make sure you do a practice interview through Interview Stream - our on-line tool to practice live interviewing to prepare for your KFBS UBP interview. See sample questions on the right.
First time users, create your account here
Click here to view a brief tutorial on how to navigate InterviewStream.